Lagomar Museum and more in Lanzarote
The Museo Agricola El Patio in Tiagua
This beautiful museum in Tiagua is a very nice visit with children. It is also a farm with animals who roam free. The museum shows visitors the traditional agricultural methods in this island.
A part from visiting the farm with its simple decor rich in history, it is possible to sample typical local products, in particular wine and goat cheese.
SEE HERE all the activities of this particular island
Nuestra Señora de los Dolores
Also known asour Lady of the volcanoes, Nuestra Señora de los Dolores is worshipped in the town of Mancha Blanca. In 1736 there was a disastrous volcanic eruption. The residents held a procession with the image of the virgin to seek protection from the lava flow.
One of the worshippers stuck a wooden cross in the ground and when the river of lava reached the cross, it stopped miraculously.
The villagers promised to build a chapel in that same spot and worked all very hard to terminate the works 10 years later.
Every September 15 there is a procession. People dressed in traditional clothing come walking from all over the island to take part in the pilgrimage.
One of Lanzarote’s most spectacular private properties, LagOmar Museum in Nazareth should not be missed because of its unique architecture. An ancient volcanic quarry formed by caves and natural labyrinths. Narrow stairs bring to the different rooms which enjoy spectacular views from their windows.
Cactus, palm trees, aloes and bougainvilleas along with the swimming pool and the falls, form an oasis or rare beauty.
Actor Omar Sharif visted Lanzarote in the 70’s to film the movie “The mysterious Island”, fell in love with the villa and bougt it, but lost it soon after during a game of cards.
The last phase of the house development was completed by architects Dominik von Boettinger from Germany and Beatriz van Hoff from Uruguay.
Ancient finca in Lanzarote
CASA DE HILARIO – General Garcia Escamez, 35570 Yaiza, Lanzarote
- Casa de Hilario is an ancient estate located in the Montañas del Fuego, where the famous Hilario Lanzaroteño from Lanzarote lived in an enviable environment.
- We offer seven splendid, fully-equipped, cozy and well-lit rooms with all the amenities.
- The terrace, with its privileged location, allows you to enjoy breakfast in the sun, with a wonderful view of the village of Yaiza and Janubio, while in the evening, you can enjoy the best sunset.
- Additionally, we have a large internal patio, surrounded by precious gardens and corners that lead to a cozy heated pool with a splendid view of the village of Yaiza and the sea.
- Our external gardens include a palm grove, as well as an area with fruit trees.
It is located just a two-minute walk from all services, supermarkets, restaurants, and taxis.